[SOLVED] [OZONE] Enable trace on Ozone with nrf52

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [OZONE] Enable trace on Ozone with nrf52

Hello,

I face some difficulties to set up the trace on Ozone with my J-Trace pro for Cortex-M.

I succeeded to set it up with the board given with the J-Trace device.

However on the Nordic evaluation board i used, Trace is only used with SWO. So I checked that my pins are correctly connected to use it, and I configure trace on Ozone by hitting tools => trace settings => SWO and let to Auto mode for the clock.

The windows Intruction trace and timeline are still displaying "instruction trace disabled"

I followed some of your tutorial :
    - wiki.segger.com/How_to_configure_Embedded_Studio_to_use_SWO
    - https://forum.segger.com/index.php/Thread/4506-SOLVED-Using-SWO-with-Ozone

And I succeeded to set up trace on SES.

I get a clue, when SES has configuration trace enabled, the memory at the ITM register address is edited. It is not when I use Ozone.

Could you help me ?

Thank you.
    Geoffrey

PS :
    Hardware set up :

Windows 7
    Segger embedded studio v 3.50
    Ozone v 2.56w
    J-trace PRO for cortex M processor probe
    Jlink Driver v634g
    proc nrf52832 on PCA 10040
  • Hello,

We received your inquiry on Friday through our ticketing system and there you already received an answer on Friday.
    To make sure that no information gets lost between multiple communication channels please use the ticketing system in this regard.
    This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino

EDIT:
    Solution: Ozone currently does not support tracing via SWO, only printf via SWO is supported. For real instruction level tracing we recommend using the trace port pins.
    For more information about the different trace types see here:
    wiki.segger.com/General_information_about_tracing

If you have only SWO as a "trace" option we recommend using Embedded Studio for debugging.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.