UI flashes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi everyone,
      I have created few windows (2-3 windows) containing list box in each one. When navigation from one to another(deleting one and drawing the other). The screen flickers.
      Please let me know a solution to this problem.

Attached files are the LCD config and GUI config files.

Thankyou

regards
      Shreevasta Y S
      Files
      • GUI_Config.txt

(5.82 kB, downloaded 343 times, last: )
      • LCD_Config.txt

(11.05 kB, downloaded 390 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by shreevatsa ().

• Hi,

Try using a driver version with a cache. With a cache all drawing operations are performed into the cache before beeing displayed on the LCD.

Call

GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C1B8);

instead of

GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C0B8);

in your LCDConf.c.

Please note that this requires additional memory which gets allocated from the GUI memory assigned to emWin by calling GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory().
      In your case this would be additional 40960 bytes (128p * 160p * 2 bytes per pixel).

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi, Sven

Thankyou for the solution provided.

But as i am using a low memory device, I do not have that much space remaining.

Is there any other solution or work arround for the flickering problem.

Thankyou

Shreevatsa YS
    • Hi,

Unfortunately, wihtout some sort of buffer to write into before sending the data to the LCD it won't be possible to avoid flickering effects.

5k of RAM is very little memory, we recommend at least 6.6k of RAM for a window manager application (it might work with less, but you shouldn't expect too much).

If possible, you might try to write your application without the window manager. This way you will have full controll over the drawing operations and choose on your own when what part gets displayed.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.