LCD emWin Help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LCD emWin Help

Hi,

I try to use a LCD with a STM32F205VCT.

I lack basic understanding to implement LCD.

LCD: ER-TFT032-3, Parallel 16 Bit (8080) with ILI9341 LCD Controller.

I get recommendation to use GUIDRV_FlexColor driver and these files:

"LCD_X_8080_16.h", "LCD_X_8080_16.c" and “LCDConf.c”.

But it was difficult for me.

I start with “STM32CubeMX “, and I want to continue with “emWin GUI Builder”.

Questions: Is there any example or help how I can do?

Using:

KEIL MDK-ARM-Pro 5.26.2.0

STM32CubeMX version 4.27.0

emWin GUI Builder 5.46

STM32F-205-VCT

Thanks a lot in advance

?(
    • Hi,

Basically you have to set up some writing and reading functions which read or write data via the 8080 interface.

Then set these functions to the GUI_PORT_API structure. The function prototypes can be found in the emWin user manual at the description of the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver.

The GUIDRV_FlexColor driver has to be configured for the ILI9341 which is done calling the function below:

GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C0B16);

These steps are required:
      - Set up the communication interface (here 8080)
      - Initialize the LCD controller, this has to be done by yourself and is not done by emWin.
      - Set the function pointers for reading and writing (at least writing is required).
      - Configure the emWin driver

But I can't say how this is done by using CubeMX.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.