Limit to number of widgets in GUI_CreateDialogBox?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Limit to number of widgets in GUI_CreateDialogBox?

I am using CreateIndirect to populate a dialog box. It seems that I can include 31 widgets but when I add number 32 the call seems to fail. Is there a limit?
    • Hi,

There is no limitation regarding the amount of widgets created indirectly (through the GUI_WIDGET_CREATE_INFO structure). I successfully created more than 120 widgets this way.

The only limitation I can think of is the amount of RAM available.

How much memory did you spend emWin?
      Does it solve the issue if you increase it?

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Yep, that did it! The thought crossed my mind and I should have tried it before posting here but I suppose I am in a bit of denial over RAM usage. With FreeRTOS, emWin, and my app so far I have consumed 92% of the PSoC 5LP's available 64K DRAM. I really didn't want to face having to give more to emWin but there isn't a reasonable alternative at this point. Anyway, thanks for the help!