[ABANDONED] J-scope Y resolution getting reset

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-scope Y resolution getting reset

I use J-scope V6.11m with a Jlink Ultra+. Whenever I open a J-scope project file, I see two issues:
    1. Address update inconsistent: A dialog pops up stating that some of the variables in the plot list were not available in the elf file (.out). However if I force the tool to keep the variable, and then open the J-scope Configuration (gear icon) and say OK, then the variable is somehow available in the elf file. It is possible that the elf is not correctly parsed upon project load. Sometimes I do see the dialog box that asks to update the address of a variable. The expectation is that J-scope would ask this dialog about all the variables that exist in both the plot window and elf.
    2. Manual changes to Y Resolution not saved: Looks like someone already raised this issue in [SOLVED] J-Scope: saving manual channel layout in config which is marked as [SOLVED]. However the issue very much exists. I looked the project file and found that "IsAutoConfig" was set to "1" for all the variables. I changed this to "0, saved and loaded the project. The result was the same. The Y-resolution gets automatically set to max values like 2000M as soon as the project loads. This is particularly time consuming to reset the resolution back to the desired values every time the tool is restarted.

Really hope someone has a workaround for these!
  • Hello,

could you please send the .out-file and the .jScope-file to segger.com/about-us/contact-us/ (Subject "J-scope Y resolution getting reset")?

Regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Arne,

Thanks for responding.. Not quite sure how to send attachments to the segger.com Contact us page. There was no such provision to upload anything.

Anyway regarding #1 in my first comment, I suspect the elf parser is unable to automatically detect variables that elements of a struct. These type of variables need to be manually added everytime we open a jscope project.

The issue #2 remains open. The jlink ultra+ was very expensive for us, and we didnt expect to spend so much time to use jscope everyday (i.e. the cost of reloading variables and resizing the Y-scale is too much during a debug process).