what happens when you show a new screen without hiding previous screen?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what happens when you show a new screen without hiding previous screen?

If there are 2 dialogs A and B, A is shown and B is hidden. If I try to show B i.e WM_ShowWin(handle of B), without WM_HideWin(handle of A) what exactly happens?
    • Hi,

If both windows have the same parent and are create beside of each other, window B will appear at the position where it was created.

If both window where created at the same position having the same size it depends on the order these windows where created.
      E.g. if window B was created after A it will appear on top of A, due to a higher Z order. If window A was created after B, B won't become visible (it gets 'shown' behind A). In this case you should call WM_BringToTop(hWinB) or hide window A after/before showing B.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • if both the windows similar widgets?
      for example both A and B have buttons called POWER, in A its active, in B it is inactive. But both are separate widgets with similar appearance.
      Issue I am facing is, if I show B without hiding A, POWER button appears as active.
    • Hi,

Is it possible to post a short example application which shows how to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.