[SOLVED] Missing task names in timeline view.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Missing task names in timeline view.

Hi

I'm trying out the SEGGER SystemViwer (evaluation) on our system which consists of several FreeRTOS threads. When I look at the timeline view, events view, etc. only a few task names are shown with its real name the others are anonymous like Task 0x30C2.

The recordings runs over RTT with no reported overflows or lost packages. The FreeRTOS10 is setup with the SystemViewer instrumentation including the patch.

Do I need SystemViewer PRO to be able to show all task names or what can I do about it?

Best regards,
    Henrik
  • Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Did you consider the trace defines that need to be set for FreeRTOS explained on our Wiki? wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView

HeSa wrote:

Do I need SystemViewer PRO to be able to show all task names or what can I do about it?
    Not needed, with the free SystemView version you can record up to 1 million events including all basic features.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, the setup is according to System Configuration section in your Wiki.

Here is how it looks like... some threads have name, but most of them don't. All threads are created with a name string present.

Best regards,
    Henrik
  • Hello,

Due to certain limitations by FreeRTOS, SystemView needs to memorize task names externally on its own.
    Per default 8 task names will be buffered.
    To increase this value go to the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h and edit entry SYSVIEW_FREERTOS_MAX_NOF_TASKS to the number of tasks you need.
    After that all task names should show up.
    Does this solution work for you?

We will improve our manual in that regard.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Henrik,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino