Emwin with PIC32MZDAH microcontroller

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Emwin with PIC32MZDAH microcontroller

Hello,
      We plan to use PIC32MZ2064DAH169 or PIC32MZ2064DAG169 microcontroller for our product which have a integrated 32MB Dram.

Does emwin support these controllers. I was thinking as a frame buffer is required for LCD (800*480 * 3 bits per pixel) the 32MB integrated Dram can be used to store the frame buffer so external SDRAM will not be needed.

Please let me know if Emwin can be used with any of above microcontrollers from microchip.

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj
    • Hi,

emWin should work fine on those devices. But I doubt it will work with 3bpp. The driver you need (if you use the internal LCD controller of these devices) is the GUIDRV_Lin driver. Unfortunately, this driver does not support 3bpp. The supported color depths are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24 and 32 bits per pixel.

But with 32MB of RAM you should have more than enough memory to use a higher color depth (of course I don't know what you intend to do with the rest of the memory).

Basically, all you need to do is to initialize the LCD controller and setup up the driver to share the framebuffer (emWin writes and the controller reads from the same memory area).

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Sven,

Thanks for the reply. We plan to use GUIDRV_Lin driver with 565 mode so we will be using 16 bpp. We also plan to use double or triple buffer for LCD. We intend to use other memory for fonts as we will be having lot of fonts and support for 5 languages in our product.

Regards,

Anuj