LISTVIEW add row

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LISTVIEW add row

I wonder how LISTVIEW_AddRow() manages memory.

I can see it is working very well, whoever I have a table of data which I need to display, and this table adds one line per day.

So when my program runs it loops on all the lines in this table and calls LISTVIEW_AddRow() for each line.

What is the memory requirements, will my program crash after n days? (if AddRow allocates memory, it will fail some time)
      If yes, how to overcome (user can scroll up or down).
      Thanks,
      Johanan
    • Hi,

LISTVIEW_AddRow() allocate a block of memory from the GUI_MEMORY pool (defined by GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory()). If you pass NULL to the function LISTVIEW_AddRow() it requires at least a few bytes for information about the allocated memory block.

If you pass some strings to LISTVIEW_AddRow() it will alocated as much memory as required to save the strings.

If you run out of memory at some point the function LISTVIEW_AddRow() will return with 1 (adding a row failed).

You can check the return value of LISTVIEW_AddRow() and decide what to do, maybe deleting some of the old rows or writing the content to a file and delete the old rows.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.