[SOLVED] INCLUDE_xTaskGetIdleTaskHandle and INCLUDE_pxTaskGetStackStart required?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] INCLUDE_xTaskGetIdleTaskHandle and INCLUDE_pxTaskGetStackStart required?

Hi,

The latest SystemView user guide says the following in the FreeRTOS section:

To get the best results INCLUDE_xTaskGetIdleTaskHandle and INCLUDE_pxTaskGetStackStart should be defined as 1 in FreeRTOSConfig.h.

I think I may have read somewhere that INCLUDE_pxTaskGetStackStart is no longer required to be set. Is that the case?
    I am not sure about INCLUDE_xTaskGetIdleTaskHandle.

What difference does defining each of these make, in the latest SystemView and with FreeRTOS v10?

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    These defines are needed so FreeRTOS task switches can be traced more easily.
    For more information we recommend consulting with FreeRTOS support or check the source files.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

It is FreeRTOS version dependent if these settings are required. For V8 and V9 they are recommended. In V10 they do not make a difference.
    But you don't break anything if you enabled it in V10 as well.
    We will update documentation accordingly.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.