[SOLVED] Embedded Studio 3.50 Segger Linker

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Embedded Studio 3.50 Segger Linker

Hi,

i tested the new Segger linker and there are two small problems

1.) Stack memory is not shown graphically in the output window( with the GNU linker i see the stack memory at the end of the RAM)

2.) no linker error when i use a undefined memory section ( char dummy__attribute__ ((section ("foox))) ), in this case variable dummy will be linked to normal RAM

it would be nice, if you provide more detailed examples ...

Thanks,
    Mario
  • Hello Mario,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1: This is intended behaviour as stack and heap are not sections with symbols in them. Should you try to reserve to much memory for stack you will get the appropriate linker warning.
    EDIT: After further discussion with our Embedded Studio team, heap and stack will show on future version of ES again when using SEGGER Linker.

2: This behaviour should be improved with our latest ES release V3.52. Could you give it a try? Do you still get no errors?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Mario,

The change did not make it into the V3.52 yet but should be included in future versions.
    To stay up to date we recommend subscribing to our updated notification list: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=196

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.