[ABANDONED] SEGGER_SYSVIEW_PrintfHost formatting on host?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SEGGER_SYSVIEW_PrintfHost formatting on host?

Dear all,

I tried to use the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_PrintfHost() function. My understanding is that:
    unsigned int c = 10;
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_PrintfHost("1: %d\n",c);

should lead to an output in the terminal window like: 1: 10
    However I always get: 1: %d
    So the formatting on the host seems not to work in my configuration. Did I need to define or compile additional RTT functionality to get it work? The examples that comes with SystemView seems not to use the formatting string. The define of SEGGER_SYSVIEW_PRINTF_IMPLICIT_FORMAT is set to 0 in my configuration file.
    Any idea what I need to change?

Best Regards
    Markus
  • Hello Markus,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Your understanding is correct. We just tried to reproduce the issue with SystemView V2.52c and our embOS BSP for the Cortex-M Trace Reference Board and the string was output correctly as "1: 10".

Which version of SystemView are you currently using? Does using the latest version change the behaviour?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.