[ABANDONED] Erratic timestamps in Timeline view

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Erratic timestamps in Timeline view

I have been using SystemView successfully for a project running FreeRTOS on a NXP Kinetis Cortex M0+ chip. Originally it was using FreeRTOS v9 but I have recently updated to FreeRTOS v10.0.1 - not sure if that is related to the problem.

I have started having problems with the Timeline window scrolling erratically, with timestamps jumping between the correct timestamp and zero. The timestamps for items shown in the Events window and Terminal window are correct and scroll smoothly as new items arrive.

See screenshots below, showing two instances where the Timeline window is normal, and then when it has jumped back to zero.

I thought perhaps my SEGGER_SYSVIEW_GET_TIMESTAMP() code might be wrong, but it is the same code I have used previously without problems (and if it was wrong, then I would expect the Events and Terminal windows to show the same erratic behaviour).

Are there any known issues that might cause this, or suggestions for workarounds or troubleshooting ?

thanks
    Geoff
    Images
    • timestamps ok 1.png

81.83 kB, 1,102×832, viewed 741 times
    • timestamps ok 2.png

78.75 kB, 1,102×832, viewed 697 times
    • timestamps zero.png

73.05 kB, 1,102×832, viewed 624 times
  • Hello Geoff,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Is the described issue also reproducible with saved recordings?
    If yes, could you provide the file for reproduction with a step by step reproduction guide?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I have recorded data, and when I open the recorded data there are no zero timestamps in the displayed data. I don't think I can play back recorded data though ?

I might lodge this as a support ticket, rather than use the forum.
  • Hello,

Geoff_S wrote:

I don't think I can play back recorded data though ?
    You should be able to save the recording with File->Save Data.
    This data can then be reloaded anytime to Systemview for later analysis.
    Which SystemView version are you currently using?

Geoff_S wrote:

I might lodge this as a support ticket, rather than use the forum.
    If you feel more comfortable this way, sure go ahead.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.