[ABANDONED] J-Flash hidden, but with progress window? J-flash like ops from Commander?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Flash hidden, but with progress window? J-flash like ops from Commander?

I have a setup that I will be deploying soon that is using J-Flash to do an operation with a custom flash loader.
    These are just last details, to get it set up in the "best" way:

Presently, I can get J-Flash to start, do production programming, and then exit with:
    JFlash.exe -loadprj.\myproject.jflash -auto -exit

and I can make JFlash run in "hidden" mode with"
    JFlash.exe -loadprj.\myproject.jflash -auto -hide -exit

But when using -hide, there is nothing shown on-screen at all. Is there a way to get only the pop-ups showing the actions and progress bars?

Alternately, if there was a way to accomplish the same actions done in J-Flash via the plain J-Link commander, I could write a script to do the equivalent with the hope that the Commander style popup's would be shown.
    But I have not found any option to load into a specific flash bank (and thus invoke the custom flash loader) with JLink.
    Additionally, the bank that I am flashing into does not share the main micro's address space (and actually overlaps it). In the case of using the J-Flash GUI, the internal flash bank is fully disabled.
    Do those options exist in Commander?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

apullin wrote:

But when using -hide, there is nothing shown on-screen at all. Is there a way to get only the pop-ups showing the actions and progress bars?
    A partial hide is not implemented. Either the GUI is completely on or off.

apullin wrote:

But I have not found any option to load into a specific flash bank (and thus invoke the custom flash loader) with JLink.
    J-Link Commander is not meant as a production tool so it only has basic functionality in that regard. So to program a device command loadfile might be used where you can specify the address to program the application to. If everything is set correctly J-Link should program the correct bank. More information can be found in the J-Link user guide.
    However if you are looking into more flexibility and control -> J-Flash.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Interesting.
    Will J-Link support OpenFlashLoader loaders, if they are added to the XML file?

I remapped the external flash bank to a base of 0xC0000000, which is unused on my micro, in both the FlashDev.c and in the XML file.
    J-Flash works as expected when operating from these addresses, but J-Link commander only returns "Could not read memory" when trying:
    mem 0xC0000000,0x1FF
  • Hello,

apullin wrote:

Will J-Link support OpenFlashLoader loaders, if they are added to the XML file?
    Yes, that's the whole point and only way to add them globally to all applications using the J-Link software.

apullin wrote:

but J-Link commander only returns "Could not read memory" when trying:
    Which entries to you get in the J-Link Control Panel in the "Flash" tab? Is the memory at 0xC... visible there?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.