[SOLVED] View RTT information using a commanderscript

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] View RTT information using a commanderscript

Hi,

I am new to the segger Jlink and I am a Python developer so please excuse my lack of experience in this area.

I have a segger jlink EDU version 10.1 and I have been using it to flash firmware to our products with no problems using the `commanderscript` option of `jlink` via a subprocess connection.

We have a new product that requires calibration and to do this we use the Jlink to output calibration information using the `RTT viewer.`

I am writing a GUI in Python to do this automatically in production for staff who assemble the products. (there is also other equipment involved in the process which makes it complicated)

The information is displayed correctly using the viewer.

I wish to be able to capture this information using the `jlink -commanderscript` option if possible and save the results for further processing.

My questions are:

1. Can I capture the output from the `RTT Viewer` using a `commanderscript` option?

2. If not, is there another way I can capture the information, using telnet or similar?

3. In general, does anyone else use python to connect to the Jlink and if so what is the process?

*I must note that I have tried the `pylink` module for python and it is not suitable for out environment at present.*

Thanks you in advance.

John :)
  • Hello John,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1: Not supported.
    2: A telnet application or the J-Link SDK can be used. More information can be found on our RTT Website in section "RTT in PC Applications": segger.com/products/debug-prob…about-real-time-transfer/
    3: J-Link SDK can be used.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Nino,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have this running great using the Rtt Command line and Tenet.

One question though.

I run the RTTViewer.exe with the following commands.

RTTViewer -autoconnect –device EFR32MG1PXXXF256 –interface swb –connection usb –speed 4000

Yet the `autoconnect` part still pops up the connection window..

I am using JLink_V634c

Is this a bug?
  • Hello John,

There seem to have been some bugs introduced with RTT Viewer in V6.34 when it got remodeled. Could you give V6.32i or older a try and see if the issue persists?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello John,

quick follow up.
    We were able to reproduce the issues. The CL options you are using are not correct. Unfortunately the J-Link manual was not clear in that regard, we will fix this accordingly.
    The correct command line would be:

Source Code

1. RTTViewer --autoconnect –-device EFR32MG1PXXXF256 –-interface swd –-connection usb –-speed 4000

Best regards,
    Nino