[SOLVED] Infineon TLE9879QXA40 cannot be halted

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Are you using custom hardware or an eval board?
    Does the issue resolve when using the latest J-Link software version?
    Could you provide a J-Link commander screenshot of the connect sequence?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander
    Could you provide a J-Link log of the failed session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • It is a custom hardware. it was working fine until i flashed a new software. one big change is that old software it was running from base address 0x11000000. But now i completely erased the chip and flashed this new software from address 0x11001000, leaving 4Kb of memory empty (unflashed). Once i flashed it then i cannot able to halt the CPU or erase the chip again or flash new software again.
    Files
    • log.log

(799.98 kB, downloaded 257 times, last: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by saranradical ().

• Hello,

We tried to reproduce the issue with one of our eval boards and a TLE9879 MCU and everything was working as intended.
    We could erase the whole chip and reprogram the whole 124 kB of Flash. This could be repeated multiple times without any errors.
    Do you see the halting issues only on programmed devices or also on empty unprogrammed devices?

saranradical wrote:

it was working fine until i flashed a new software.
    This sounds like the application you are flashing is causing the access/halting issues.
    We recommend getting in contact with Infineon if such an issue is known to them and if it is possible that the application you are flashing is causing this.
    From J-Link perspective everything is working correctly.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.