[SOLVED] writing i.MX RT1051 eFuses through J-Link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] writing i.MX RT1051 eFuses through J-Link

Using J-link I can connect and debug my i.MX RT1051.
    I need to program the OTP eFuses to make my board boot from QSPI (I cannot use boot pins)

Which J-Link commands I need?

best regards
    Max
  • Hello Max,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The necessary steps should be described in the target devices user guide.
    If not we recommend getting in contact with NXP support.
    The steps can then most likely be implemented using a J-Link Script file.
    More information about the script file interface can be found in the J-Link user guide UM08001.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • maybe I didn't explain myself well: I am perfectly aware of the manual and of the existence of the described procedure.
    I wondered if J-Link would offer any shortcuts to do this, given the criticality: they are one time programmable, and an error could compromise the chip irreversibly.
    Moreover, the programming of the QSPI also involves an algorithm of several steps. However, this is provided by J-Link as functionality.

In any case, I understand that Segger has not addressed with the issue leaving it entirely to the users, right?

best regards
    Max
  • Hello Max,

mastupristi wrote:

In any case, I understand that Segger has not addressed with the issue leaving it entirely to the users, right?
    What exactly did you have in mind regarding OTP?
    Currently there is no "easy" out-of-the-box way to program OTP with J-Link for that device.
    So any customer implementing it for themselves should know what they are about to do.
    In any way depending on demand we might be posting a guide on how to program OTP for this device on our Wiki: wiki.segger.com/Main_Page

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.