[SOLVED] Register window says "No Data" when debugging ATSAMD51J19 with J-Link EDU and Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Register window says "No Data" when debugging ATSAMD51J19 with J-Link EDU and Ozone

Just got started with the debugger today. I created a new blank project, configured J-link by selecting the Atmel SAMD51J19 MCU and auto clock rate and SWO tracing with auto clock rates. I can download an externally-built Arduino ELF file, start it running, halt it, set breakpoints, use "run to cursor", step over and into code, expand C statements to see the generated assembly code and examine variable values. But I can't see the CPU registers or modify their contents (see screen capture attachment);

Any suggestions regarding why this may be happening?

Thanks!

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    A device/target specific svd file must be specified for registers to be visible.
    If you create the project with the project wizard the correct generic svd file will be loaded.
    You can also add it manually afterwards when creating an empty project using

Source Code

1. Project.AddSvdFile ("$(InstallDir)/Config/CPU/Cortex-M4F.svd");
    2. Project.AddSvdFile ("$(InstallDir)/Config/Peripherals/ARMv7M.svd");
    in your case.
    For device specific SFR information the device specific svd file needs to be loaded.
    They can usually be downloaded at the CPU manufacturers website.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.