[SOLVED] Segger Studio frozen on "Building", after failed attempted at GIT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Segger Studio frozen on "Building", after failed attempted at GIT

Hello,

Earlier today I attempted to integrate GIT with Segger Studio but did not go through with it. Eventually, the Studio got stuck on "Bulding" and I had to close it from the task manager and give up on the GIT integration. I tried to open a project again after some time and now it does not continue forward from the first page and has "Building" written on the top bar, no matter which project I open.

In addition to that, I uninstalled and installed the program but the problem is the same. The only way to close the program is through task manager, it is totally frozen. Also restarted the PC. How to fix this?

Windows 10, SES 3.5
    Images
    • Screenshot_1.png

42.32 kB, 1,458×1,005, viewed 742 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by devops ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Your emproject file got most likely corrupted. If you rename it, can you open Embedded Studio again?
    How to implement version control software in Embedded Studio is explained here: wiki.segger.com/Embedded_Studio_VCS_configuration

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for your reply. Renaming the .emproject file does not solve the issue + I am not able to open any projects, no matter their name or location. The Studio just freezes up, even after the reinstall. Should I uninstall and delete some "special" folders somewhere?
  • Hello,

In that case try to delete the settings.xml in the ES user folder located in the AppData directory.
    AppData\Local\SEGGER\SEGGER Embedded Studio\v3

Does that solve the issue?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino