can we use TEXT_SetText api call just after GUI_Exec(), will it create any problem?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can we use TEXT_SetText api call just after GUI_Exec(), will it create any problem?

Hi I have 2 windows window1 and window 2,on window1 I have a button on press of which it will switch to window2 and delete window1,In window2 also button is there on press of that i can switch to window1.
      In window1 I have to update some area immediately so i am using gui_exec there and after that to set text TEXT_SetText api is used.prblem is while switching between the windows(its a quick switch). it is creating a hardfault and that is coming after this text API call.
      When i removed the text api call, hard fault is not coming. What can be the reason?
      Thanks in advance.
    • if there is only 2 windows , you could keep both of them, no need to delete anyone during your switches, but just hiddle one of them.

i could guess the problem is the window handle, your TEXT API is trying to use it while it has already been deleted.

so anyway, you need to check whether the window is valid or not ...