[SOLVED] No trace data

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] No trace data

I'm trying to get tracing working in Segger Embedded Studio.

Steps I've roughly followed:
    * Create & configure a project for "externally built executable"
    * Run "Target->Attach Debugger"
    * Break/continue, etc.

The Execution Profile window is showing information, but Execution Trace says No trace data.

Is there an equivalent of the Ozone "Debug.ReadIntoTraceCache" function in Segger Embedded Studio?

Thanks,

Patrick
  • Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What is the target device you are trying to trace? Did you make sure that the trace pins and trace clock on the target device are initialized?
    If you want to just attach to a running program and trace that you need to read the currently running application into trace cache.
    wiki.segger.com/Getting_unknow…sses_in_instruction_trace
    For Embedded Studio you can call the exec command ReadIntoTraceCache in a JLink Script file. More information about script files can be found in the J-Link user guide. How to use a JLinkScript with Embedded Studio is explained here: wiki.segger.com/Using_J-Link_Script_Files

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I am attempting to trace the imxrt1050. Tracing works in Ozone so I can safely assume that the trace pins & clock are correctly initialised.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will attempt this when I return to the office in 5 weeks.

Thanks,

Patrick
  • Hello Patrick,

Quick update.
    We also offer now trace reference boards based on the iMX 1050 series: segger.com/products/debug-prob…050-trace-reference-board
    In the linked Wiki article you can find example projects to get trace running right of the bat.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.