GUI_X_RTE osTimer 1ms is too fast and causes OS_ERROR_TIMER_OVF

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GUI_X_RTE osTimer 1ms is too fast and causes OS_ERROR_TIMER_OVF

Hi

I'm getting RTX crash, seemingly due to emWin's use of a 1ms osTimer.

I'm wondering if you have comment/workaround without making my emWin thread the highest priority which may result in other issues. Is there a way of re-defining the emWin core to work on a 10 or 20ms tick rather than the 1ms? I have found that this probably works. I think I can do this by changing GUI_X_RTE and then re-scale my WM_TIMER durations but I wonder if there is a more centralised method?

Problem is in these circumstances:
      (a) emWin, multiple WM objects with WM_TIMER refresh timers
      (b) MDK RTX v1
      (c) GUI_X_RTE
      (d) MDK USBH MSC (core PriorityAboveNormal)
      (e) single emWin thread, PriorityNormal
      (f) my USB-accessing thread is PriorityNormal (I have tried AboveNormal without success)

The crash occurs when I insert my USB. Crash sometimes during the mount, mostly during file access. Crash is always OS_ERROR_TIMER_OVF.

I tried
      (a) removed all instances/uses of osTimer in my source (did not help)
      (b) switched off emWin thread: no fault (ie fixed the fault)
      (b) changed the GUI_X_RTE osTimer to 100ms: seems to work but all my WM_TIMERS run 100-times slower (obviously!)

Thanks
      Mark
    • Hi,

The files named GUI_X_<your RTOS>.c offering you an interface to provide emWin with a timebase (GUI_X_GetTime()). How this is implemented is up to you. All such files coming from us are just examples.

The most important functions to be implemented are GUIX_GetTime() and GUI_X_Delay(). GUI_X_GetTime() should return a time stamp of the current system in milliseconds. For this you can either use the RTOS timing API (something like OS_GetTime()) or you set up a timer which increments a variable each ms.

GUI_X_Delay() should simply perform a delay for the given period. Easiest way is to use the RTOS functions, obviously.

Regards,
      Sven