[SOLVED] Window split and function folding in Editor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Window split and function folding in Editor

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and to get started I would like to ask a very basic question.
    It regards a couple of features that I like to use but could not find in Embedded Studio.

1. the possibility to split an editor window, in order to see two different sections of the same file? For example, I find it useful to display the beginning of a C file with its declarations and at the same time some code section further down.
    2. the possibility to fold ("collapse") functions (or blocks inside of them) whose detail is not of interest.

Does anyone know if these functions are available in Segger Embedded Studio and how to access them?
    If not, might they be worth for a new feature suggestion to Segger?

Thank you. :)

Ricardo
  • Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1. This is possible. Open the two files you want to look at in the editor window. Now drag one of the files into another dock. Now they should be next to each other.
    2. This is not implemented yet but on our wishlist already. A time schedule for this feature is currently not set.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.