[SOLVED] RTT Viewer V6.34b exists itself wehen using "Existing Sessiion" with Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT Viewer V6.34b exists itself wehen using "Existing Sessiion" with Ozone

Hi All,

as mentioned in the subject, I am experiencing problems with the latest version of RTT Viewer.
    When a debug session with Ozone V2.56t is open, then starting RTT Viewer V6.34b with the option "Existing Session" leads to an immediately exit of th RTT Viewer application after clicking connect.

But when Ozone is not active and RTT Viewer is not using the option "Existing Session" (but "USB") then RTT Viewer does work.
    I think, that this is because of the update to V6.34, but i am not 100% sure.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

Another observation:
    RTT Viewer V6.34b seems to ignore the LF line endings in received text. This is an already existing firmware project, so I am pretty sure that this worked before ?(

Best regards,
    Martin
  • Hello Martin,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour for existing sessions was reproducible. The error was introduced with J-Link Software V6.34.
    We will fix this as soon as possible.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
    For now we suggest using an older J-Link version in such cases.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

the problrm with the crash is solved meanwhile.
    But it is still not possible to connect to an existing session with the newest software.

Can you recommend a version which is known is working?

Best regards,
    Martin
  • Hello Martin,

as said before. The issue got introduced with 6.34. So any version before should work e.g. V6.32g

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.