[SOLVED] J-Link Plus - J-Link DLL - access violation writing 0x000000CE00000000

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Plus - J-Link DLL - access violation writing 0x000000CE00000000

Hello,

I am using a J-Link Plus programmer to flash a binary file to an STM32 microcontroller (STM32F446RE onboard a NUCLEO-64 board).
    I am using the provided "JLink_x86" DLL (In Windows found under installation directory C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V634\JLink_x64.dll) to flash the file using a python script (and a third party library), however I receive an error (with varying locations 0x00____ ) :

WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x000000CE00000000

I have traced the problem back, and have found that the error is raised when downloading the file. The python script uses the DLL to perform that operation. I have suspicions that it may be running into a problem with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) but I am not entirely sure. It also seems that someone had a similar issue in the past.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The post was edited 3 times, last by zamora18 ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    You write that you are looking to simply Flash a binary and you are using J-Link Plus.
    In that case we suggest using either J-Link Commander or J-Flash which are both part of the J-Link software package.
    Does Flashing work when using the mentioned software instead of the third party software?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Flashing does work with the J-Link software, and the 3rd party library works to utilize the J-Link SDK. However, I have an application that I am attempting to deploy that needs to be in python and compiled into a .exe file.
    When I use the .exe file to flash the binary I run into this issue, and I have not been able to find a solution. The furthest I have been able to trace back is to the J-Link DLL and it cannot download the binary before flashing to the microcontroller.

Thank you,
  • Hello,

Please understand that we can't offer support in that regard as the pylink project is not our software and not under support by SEGGER. For any issues with pylink we suggest getting in contact with pylink support.
    Alternatively we suggest using the J-Link SDK directly in your application without the pylink wrapper: segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.