"!" and """ are eaten by the widget MULTIEDIT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "!" and """ are eaten by the widget MULTIEDIT

Hello,

Today I work with the issue about MULTIEDIT cannot display the "!" and """. Here's my finding:

The MULTIEDIT is told to display "!" or """ from the key buffer after calling GUI_StoreKeyMsg().
      There is a conflict, as the ASCII code of "!" is 0x21 (aka 33), which is the same value as the functional key "PGUP";
      also, the ASCII code of """ is 0x22 (aka 34), which is the same value as the functional key "PGDOWN":

Source Code

1. #define GUI_KEY_PGUP 33
      2. #define GUI_KEY_PGDOWN 34

Now in my project the handling for GUI_KEY_PGUP and GUI_KEY_PGDOWN are removed as a work round.
      So, is there a solution to the conflict?

My emWin version is v5.44b.
      Any idea is welcome!
      Thanks in advance!

Regards,
      Kenmux
    • Hi,

We have fixed this. With the next major release of emWin, V5.50, this fix will be released.

Unfortunately, this can be simply fixed by a user, since it requires the source code of the simulation.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

Does your product includes the simulation?

If not you can simply change the definition of GUI_KEY_PGUP and GUI_KEY_PGDOWN.

In future version of emWin these are defined as follows:

C Source Code

1. #define GUI_KEY_PGUP 20
      2. #define GUI_KEY_PGDOWN 21
      Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.