[SOLVED] Problems to set up a SES solution when merging two examples from the SDK v15 NRF52

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Problems to set up a SES solution when merging two examples from the SDK v15 NRF52

Hello

I tried independantly the two examples from the sdk: ble_uart_app and pwm_driver .. both are compiling fine using the Nordic's SES solution.
    I found easier to merge pwm_driver into ble_uart. I ran into compiling problems because i am not sure i understood the basics of SES (even though i read the documentation)

The first steps i did are:
    1/ add the extra include declaration into the main.c file
    2/ add existing c files into the drivers folder of the ble_uart solution (i dont know why on the top of "inserting existing files" i also had to "import them too"

> Isn't it the same to work with the insertion of existing files on the hard drive and importing them into the solution?

I then started to check the differences between the options between the solutions. I found that some include folder are not all inserted in my merge. this is were i got troubles.

Selecting the project, i opened the project->Options and try to add the missing folders by adding their location in "user includes directories" after clicking at the preprocessor tab.

> is there an order to add includes directories? because i got different compilations results in adding ../../../../../../components/drivers_nrf/nrf_soc_nosd
    this solution compiled when i placed almost at the end of list of include directory. Strange though because this is the one of the first includes directory in the example pwm_driver.

> for merging the two sdk_config.h files (of about 10 000 lines) i had to compare manually and took me a while. is there a tool that can compare definition automatically between two files?

Thanks for your help

Philippe

The post was edited 1 time, last by PhilippeG ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Which version of ES are you using with the Nordic SDK?
    According to Nordic SDK release notes only version 3.34b is supported.
    Make sure to use that version.

For further assistance with Nordic SDK we recommend contacting Nordic directly.

PhilippeG wrote:

> for merging the two sdk_config.h files (of about 10 000 lines) i had to compare manually and took me a while. is there a tool that can compare definition automatically between two files?
    For merging there are all kinds of tools available. One example would be WinMerge if you are working under Windows.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino
    thanks for your answer. I am using the SES Release 3.34a , with the V15 SDK nordic for nrf52832 module.
    So far it worked perfectly for each ses projects independantly. but merging makes me realize that i have troubles of understanding the SES in fact
    Sure, i contacted Nordic as you suggested.

Is there a detailed documentation of the SES IDE?

Thanks for your help and for the Winmerge information. i will check that out.

Best regards
    Philippe
  • Hello Phillipe,

Documentation about ES can be found either inside ES when pressing F1 or online: studio.segger.com/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.