[SOLVED] JLink 6.32i will not flash ISSI QSPI flash on LPC4370

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink 6.32i will not flash ISSI QSPI flash on LPC4370

Hi there,

with the recent versions of JFlash etc. i got that the attached error message occurs quite often. I have to reset the board a few times and find the right timing when the flashing works. Using Ozone or gdb server is no problem as far as i can tell.
    With the 6.32i version is also still the case that the QE Bit in the ISSI qspi is cleared when i reprogram the flash. I another thread about this it was said that there will be a fix soon. Is there already a time when this will happen ?

Thanks,
    Hans
    Images
    • snip_20180807093630.png

72.64 kB, 916×703, viewed 882 times
  • I think a problem in ozone is related to this. When i am attached to a running program i get this error message after a few seconds.
    Images
    • snip_20180807153305.png

69.63 kB, 1,157×734, viewed 520 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Are you using custom hardware or an eval board?
    Which SPI Flash are you looking to program exaclty?
    How is the Flash connected to the MCU on your board?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

i'm using a custom hardware. Its an LPC4370 with an ISSI IS25LP128 QSPI Flash chip. The flash chip is connected through the SPIFI interface of the LPC4370. I'm also sure that earlier versions of JLink worked fine. I'm not exactly which one it is at the moment.

Best,
    Hans
  • Hello,

We tried to reproduce the reported issue with an LPC4330-Xplorer eval board an everything was working fine as expected with the latest J-Link software V6.34.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • ok strange. The Xplorer Evalboard has no ISSI FlashChip as far as i know. I double checked and the newest version have to reset the QE in the ISSI Flash because after i flash it the chip starts in normale spi mode and QSPI mode.

I should have mentioned to the other problem with the RamCode. When there a programm running on the M0APP_Core and on the M4_Core and i then want to flash the M0_APP core. Only then this error occurs. If there is only a program running on the M4 it works fine.

I'll check myself with another hardware and i also have an xplorer board which i will try out.