[SOLVED] Different target behavior when use J-link Pro and ST-LINK programmers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Different target behavior when use J-link Pro and ST-LINK programmers

Hello,

I see issue when I try to work with different HW boards. It is the same boards, but just several exemplars.
    When I switch to other exemplar of target HW (with older FW in flash), as a result I see CPU in some hard fault or in other OS configASSERT trap. There .gdb log shows that all Downloads are verified with OK mark.

I'm a little bit confused that same .elf files have different behavior based on debugger selection.

Also, after programming target HW by ST-LINK, I able correctly work with target board.

Used SW and HW:
    SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V6.32i Command Line Version
    Firmware: J-Link Pro V4 compiled Apr 20 2018 16:46:30

I do not use RTOS extension/plugin in this case.

I'm use SWD interface with SWDIO, SWCLK, GND, VTref, nRESET
    described here segger.com/products/debug-prob…gy/interface-description/

Is there a correct load of two .elf files in attached startup scripts? (bootloader + App)

Another important note: The bootloader part is the same in different FW versions, located in first 48K (3 blocks).
    Target MCU: STM32F429VE

What could be wrong?
    Files

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aseris ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us and we see no issues with your script.
    For verification we suggest the following test:
    1. Program the device using ST-Link.
    2. Read back the entire device memoryusing J-Link and J-Flash sofware.
    3. Erase chip.
    4. Pogram Chip using J-Link.
    5. Read back entire device with J-Flash again.
    6. Compare the read back files.

Are the read back files equal?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • After proposed flow, I do it, then realize that bootloader is missing, and I double check my startup scripts, in J-link version it was a typo in path.

Instead of load ADV2_BL.elf I had load ./Debug/Application.elf . Two times load only application.

It can be marked as solved.
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.