[SOLVED] J-Link Plus cannot connect to an NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Plus cannot connect to an NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B

I'm using a J-Link Plus as a debugger on a custom board with an NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B. However the MCUXpresso IDE was unable to connect to the custom board. After searching the Intranet, I have been using J-Link Commander to try and identify the problem. I have upgraded the J-Link to version 6.33i, I have tried different speeds, devices and configurations, but the result is always the same. I have attached a screen capture and the J-Link Commander log.

Some questions:

1.) Is the J-Link Commander communicating with the MCU ( the JTAG ID of 0x188C301D is correct for the NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B )?
    2.) Is there any additional information available from the return code 0xFFFFFEFB that is being returned from the connect call?
    3.) Any known issues with the NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B?
    Images
    • JLink Commander.jpg

149.46 kB, 668×696, viewed 1,076 times
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    We tried to reproduce the issue connecting to a IMXRT1050-EVKB eval board. Attached is the sequence using SWD. JTAG is not supported on that board per default.
    Does connecting to your target device work using SWD instead of JTAG?
    Do you have an eval board with JTAG enabled to test against?
    More information about RT1052 device specifics can be found on our Wiki page: wiki.segger.com/IMXRT105x

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

44.47 kB, 677×738, viewed 603 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.