[SOLVED] SAMD21 JLink hot-plug/attach does not work when target is in power-down

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SAMD21 JLink hot-plug/attach does not work when target is in power-down

Dear Segger,

I am using Jlink Plus to hot-plug/attach to my running target (SAMD21) which works basically fine. This great.

Now I encounted problems when the firmware is longer in power-down.

I do not have checked the edge timing when is still works, I have an firmware with realizes two power-down timings and can reproduce the issue. When the mcu wakes every 10ms hot-attach works, when doing the wakes only every 2.5 s it fails. Then the reset line is asserted automatically by Jlink. I am using Ozone for testing. Seem that there is a timeout which leads to the hw reset. How to changes this behaviour?

regards

Stefan
  • Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    When using sleep modes the debug logic must still be available for J-Link to access the device reliably during sleep.
    If that is not the case (depends on how the target device has implemented it) J-Link will assume that it has lost connection and will try to reconnect to the target device.
    So from J-Link side there is not much we can do if the target device does not support debugging while in sleep modes.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.