custom touch panel with touch buttons - error in last post

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• custom touch panel with touch buttons - error in last post

Hi All,

I have a situation where a custom touch panel extends beyond the area of the TFT (480x272) and has some touch
      buttons on it. The touch panel controller handles the GUI on the TFT and touch buttons on the touch panel via i2c. How do I use
      emWin to detect/read one of the touch buttons beyond the TFT when is touched. At this point I do not have a problem with
      the touch panel over the TFT and the GUI. What commands might I use?

MikeZ
    • Hi,

Do you get a specific message from the touch controller if one of the buttons gets touched?

If yes, you can call GUI_StoreKeyMsg() with the desired information. Fore example, GUI_StoreKeyMsg(GUI_KEY_UP, 1) on press and GUI_StoreKeyMsg(GUI_KEY_UP, 0) on release.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Swen,

I am finally working on the screen I asked a question some months ago. Outside the area TFT area there are some touch buttons on the same touch surface as that on the TFT, the share same touch screen controller. I detect touches on the TFT area and the touch buttons. The touch response from the buttons is fixed, the touch controller returns x and y values. I need to turn these x and y coordinates detected in the events I can act upon, I am not sure how to use GUI_StoreKeyMsg().

Kind Regards

MikeZ
    • Hi Sven/technical support,

Thinking about it further, in my touch screen controller code, where I pass information to (GUI_PID)_STATE TS_State,
      can I assign an arbitrary code to the custom touch button detect (via it's coordinate) and send it to GUI_StoreKeyMsg().

Kind Regards

MikeZ