[SOLVED] Flasher ATE - is SDK needed to use it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher ATE - is SDK needed to use it?

Hi all,
    a few days ago I sent an inquiry via a contact form, but I did not receive an answer. I hope that I will be able to dispel my doubts here.
    I'm going to buy "Flasher ATE" programmers and write software for flashing on a small production line. ATE has an Ethernet interface and I intend to use it for communication with programmers.
    Each firmware has a ~350kB fixed code and 32 unique identifier bytes. One flasher is connected to one programming module. I plan to write software that communicates directly with ATE without using Segger Flasher application.
    Is it necessary to purchase and use an SDK for such a set?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hello,

sorry for that. I do not know what happened to your inquiry, but it should not happen that it gets lost.

The SDK is not needed, the Flasher ATE has its own TELNET command interface for communication.

The "Segger Flasher application" (J-Flash) is only required for setting up project files, the resulting configuration files are transferred to the
    Flasher ATE modules via an FTP connection. Unique identifier bytes can be supplied as so called "patch data" when sending the start command
    on the TELNET interface.

Please also have a look at our "Getting Started":
    segger.com/downloads/flasher/AN08007

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.