[ABANDONED] j-Link Commander fails to read system register on i.mx6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] j-Link Commander fails to read system register on i.mx6

Hello,

I have a i.mx6 controller (MCIMX6D6A), which crashes at some point. After the creash happens, I want to connect to on it and read some system regs (MPCore to get exception or other fault behavior)
    Jlink connects, i can read the CPU register and RAM address space. However when I read hardware regs, it fails

Source Code

1. J-Link>mem 0x02160000 4
    2. Could not read memory
    I'm using J-Link Commander V6.32g with a J-Link hardware version 8.0

Regards,
    John
    Files
    • Jlink.log

(14.49 kB, downloaded 195 times, last: )
  • Hello John,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The J-Link V8 does not support Cortex-A9 debugging. More information can be found here: wiki.segger.com/Software_and_H…J-Link_PLUS.2C_J-Link_EDU
    So if connect is working then only by chance as it is not intended.

We suggest making use of our trade-in program to get a current J-Link model: segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

Sorry for the late reply, E-Mail notifcations wasn't set.
    I borrowed a J-Link base version 10.1 from a colleague and repeated my steps.

I got the same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Are the Registers mapped to a different address, do I have to run some script or do I only get the system address space when I'm in a debugging eviroment?

Regards,
    John
    Files
    • Jlink10.log

(14.31 kB, downloaded 162 times, last: )