[SOLVED] JLink deletes QE bit in ISSI IS25LP128 flash chips

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink deletes QE bit in ISSI IS25LP128 flash chips

Hi there,

i currently use the IS25LP128 flash chip with an LPC4370. The SPIFI interface is capable to run code in QuadMode directly from the flash chip. In order to activate the QuadMode you have to set a bit in the ISSI flash chip to signal that the FlashChip is able to run in quad mode.
    Normally i had to set this bit just once because its non volatile. Currently with the newest JLink version this seems to be reset, when i flash a new program. So now i have to set the QE again every time i falsh the ISSI chip.
    When i just disconnect the board from power and restart it, the quad mode stays enabled. So it seems that the software and the flash chip behave correctly.

Is this a new feature in the JLink software that also configuration bits in the FlashChip are reset when a new program is flashed ?

Thanks for the help.

Best,
    Hans
  • Hello Hans,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Resetting the QE bit after programming is currently not implemented.
    This will be implemented for future J-Link software versions. Current estimate on implementation 2-4 weeks.
    To stay up-to-date with J-Link software releases you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

For clarification. The QE bit will currently will always be set of. "Resetting" it back to on after flashing is not implemented yet.
    Current workaround is to set it manually after flashing.
    I hope this makes it more clear.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

ok now it makes sense to me. I have to say i don't understand the reason why to clear the QE bit after flashing ? Is there a specific reason why you do this ?
    The workaround is a little annoying :) because during my development cycles i have to flash frequently.

But a fix in 2-4 Weeks is perfect.

Thanks so much,
    Hans