[SOLVED] [Segger Ozone] - "No Source Files" found after .out file is loaded

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [Segger Ozone] - "No Source Files" found after .out file is loaded

I have a .out file with all symbol and source file info in it (verified the same by reading the file in notepad++ as hex)
    .out file Compiled using cmake, ccarm compiler (make file based project)
    I am able to see function names, but not able to view any corresponding source files (The "source File" window displays "No Source Files")
    Also, I did not connect to target.

Please let me know one the below details
    1. How can I view source file for code implementation?
    2. How to sync with target present code and my .out file?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Are your source files located at the paths the .out file claims that they are at on your PC?
    If you have moved the project folder you can use Project.AddPathSubstitute in the Ozone project file.
    You can also add the source files manually using the "Source Files" window.
    More information can be found in the Ozone user guide.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino

Thank you for the reply

Path in .out file and the actual file path are same. Please note that the final linking happens using greenhills elxr linker and the compiler is cxarm

And the source files are not moved.

I have referred to the Ozone user guide but there is no relevant info to add the Source files manually to source window. Also if i try to open the source file through File -> Open, it was not added to source files window

I tried to establish debug session to the target, but I was not able to set the breakpoint in the source file. In either case no source file is actually taken by the ozone debugger from the out file

Please let me know, after opening .out files how can I add / map source files manually to the function list present (in addition to the references given in the ozone user guide)

Also, is it possible to share a sample project with an out file such that I can view the source file and info present in the .out file?

Update:

This is my .elf header

ELF Header:
    Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Class: ELF32
    Data: 2's complement, little endian
    Version: 1 (current)
    OS/ABI: UNIX - System V
    ABI Version: 0
    Type: EXEC (Executable file)
    Machine: ARM
    Version: 0x1
    Entry point address: 0x80000000
    Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file)
    Start of section headers: 2623588 (bytes into file)
    Flags: 0x3774c00, Version3 EABI
    Size of this header: 52 (bytes)
    Size of program headers: 32 (bytes)
    Number of program headers: 64
    Size of section headers: 40 (bytes)
    Number of section headers: 114

Section header string table index: 113

Please let me know what I am missing here

The post was edited 2 times, last by vigneshm93 ().

• Hello,

Could you provide us with the elf file for reproduction purposes?
    Could you also share an example project where the issue is reproducible with?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino