[SOLVED] J-Link supply adapter not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link supply adapter not working

Hi,

I bought the J-Link supply adapter from digikey to use with my J-Link ULTRA+ on boards that do not expose the VTREF (3.3V) on the debug header.

However it does not seem to work like I thought it would, the debugger does not recognize any device, the LED on the Supply Adapter does not light up and there is no voltage on the Vsupply pin of the J-Link ULTRA+ with or without the Adapter (measured with a multimeter). The J-Link ULTRA+ works if I test on a board that does expose the VTREF (not using the J-Link Supply Adapter).

Is there anything I have to do on my computer so that there is 5V at the V-Supply pin of the ULTRA+? I have tested multiple USB ports with no success.

Bauck
  • Hello Bauck,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    From the schematic on the webpage you linked you can see that VSupply needs to be supplied to the voltage regulator.
    This can be done using J-Link commander and supplying 5 V using Pin 19 output on J-Link.
    To enable this simply open the J-Link commander and type the command "power on" without quotation marks. Then the LED should light up.
    More information about this command can be found in the J-Link user guide (UM08001).
    We will see if we can improve the website in that regard so it is more obvious how to operate the Supply-Adapter.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Bauck,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    The website has already been updated with additional information about supplying power the the adapter.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.