[SOLVED] Issues flashing PSoC 5LP using SEGGER J-Link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Issues flashing PSoC 5LP using SEGGER J-Link

Hello,
    I'm having issues flashing a PSoC 5 LP device using J-Link. If I flash the same .hex using PSoC Programmer and Cypress own MiniProg it works.
    If I use PSoC Programmer and MiniProg to read out the memory, I can see that the only difference in the two cases is that when flashing with MiniProg 'Config Flash Area' address 0x0400 contains some data (roughly between 0x0400 and 0x0f80).

- Anyone knows what this data is?
    - How can I flash it using J-Link?
    - Has anyone else successfully flashed a PSoC 5 LP device using J-Link?

Thanks, Jacob
  • Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide the hex file in question so we can give it a try on the boards we have here?
    What we know of is that e.g. the PSoC Creator adds some CHECKSUMS to the end of the hex file that are ignored by the Cypress tools but not by J-Flash witch lead to memory being written that did not exist: wiki.segger.com/Flashing_Cypre…t_data_files_with_J-Flash
    So we assume you are running currently into a similar issue.
    Does the information from the Wiki help in your case?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.