[SOLVED] J-Trace defect by over-voltage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Trace defect by over-voltage

Unfortunately, the over-voltage was passed via USB hub to my J-Trace. After opening I recognized that a voltage controller (one of them close to the large JTAG connector) was overheated.

I would be glad to get the specs/name of the voltage controller(s) in order to be able to repair my valuable device.

Thanks a lot,

Marcus

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marcus ().

• Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What is the S/N of the J-Trace for exact identification?
    Generally we do not recommend repairs on your own as the chance is slim that the replacement of a single part after overvoltage from USB side will fix the problem.
    Alternatively we recommend making use of our trade-in program: segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

From your registration it seems that you still have at least one of the old J-Trace CM non-Pro debug probes. To make your decision easier we have created the following comparison on what improvements you get with the latest J-Trace Pro model: wiki.segger.com/J-Trace_vs._J-Trace_PRO

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

I know, we also have the newer J-Trace PRO which certainly has advantages. Still, the old one was important in my debug configuraiton. It has the following SN/version info:
    J-Trace CM3 V3.2 14-43 SN 203200722

Kind regards

Marcus
  • Hello Marcus,

We have received your request per e-mail as well.
    To keep information at once place this thread will be closed now and further conversation will be via e-mail.
    Please try to stick to one communications channel for future inquires.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.