FontConverter fails trying to create "Noto Sans light" bitmap font

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FontConverter fails trying to create "Noto Sans light" bitmap font

Hi,

i'am trying to generate a bitmap font file using "Noto Sans light" as input.
      The Font-Converter fails on creating a font and displays the error message: "An extended font file requires a true type or an open type font. The selected font is not such a font".

On windows font dialog (double-click on NotoSans-Light.ttf) the light font file gets recognized as a OpenType-font.
      On using "Noto Sans Regular" everything works fine.

I'am using FontConverter V5.3 and also tried V5.44 as demo, always with same result.

thanks for any support
      best regards

addition:
      Used options: type: "Extended", encoding: 16 Bit Unicode, font: "Noto Sans", style: "light", size: 12
      (for font size(s) above 12pt's font converter is able to generate the font file)

The post was edited 1 time, last by wefl: added test conditions ().

• Hi,

I gave it a try. I experienced the same as you did, but only a few times. Most of the time it was working. We will inverstigate what might causes this.

Please try to create a different font first (just within the FontConverter, no need to save it) and then create the desired font.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

i tested the behavior on other machines.

Using another windows 7 machine the first try succeeds. All other tries result in same error behavior, until restart of Font Converter.
      Using another windows 10 machine everything works fine.
      - strange behavior -

(at the momment we use the win10 machine to get on with font generation)

Regards,
      Florian