[ABANDONED] Is there a way to force RTT viewer to rescan for the control block _from_the_target_

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Is there a way to force RTT viewer to rescan for the control block _from_the_target_

I'm using mbed and the segger_rtt target code from os.mbed.com/users/GlimwormBeac…TT__printf_8c_source.html

I have a bootloader and a main application and both use RTT for debug information. Unfortunately the RTT control block is at a different address in the main application so I'd like to find a way to force RTTViewer to rescan memory. I've tried just overwriting the block with 0s or FFs but unfortunately that doesn't work and there's no obvious signalling flag in the structure.

Obviously I could start messing around with the linker scripts to try and ensure the address remains constant but before I do that, is there actually a defined way to tell an RTT client that it should reconnect to a target? Really, I'm just looking for a way to avoid having to keep pressing "F2, enter" in the viewew application every time I reflash the target!