[ABANDONED] SystemView on STM32F779 not connecting with SWD but only JTAG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SystemView on STM32F779 not connecting with SWD but only JTAG

Hi,

I am running a SystemView patched FreeRTOS 10 on the STM32F779-EVAL board using the J-Link Plus and Eclipse to debug. My problem is that SystemView is connecting rather irregularly and cannot be started with SWD interface. Let me try to explain.

From Eclipse I can debug my code just fine and see the outputs using J-Link RTT Client using SWD as interface. When I start SystemView and press record I get the error:

"Failed to start recording"
    "Could not connect"

If I do the same but using JTAG as interface for Eclipse and SystemViewer, it works just fine.

The odd thing is if I then close the Eclipse debug session, and switch the interface to SWD, SystemViewer now works using SWD.

It seems like I have to run a JTAG session first before I can run a SWD session. Any ideas what could cause the connection problems using SystemViewer and SWD?

Setup:

Windows 7
    Eclipse Mars.2
    FreeRTOS 10
    STM32F779-EVAL
    J-Link v. 6.32d
    SystemView v. 2.52a

Best Regards,
    Ulrich
  • Hello Ulrich,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide us with a J-Link log file of such a session where connect with SWD fails?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.