[SOLVED] Using STemWin out of an STM32CubeMx project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using STemWin out of an STM32CubeMx project

Hi, I'm trying to use STemWin.
    I already found the SeggerEval Software which runs just fine.
    I would how ever like to use Software generated by the STM32CubeMX Software.
    Normaly that works just fine, I simply create Code choosing the MDK-ARM Toolchain and import the created project to Segger Embedded Studio using "Import Keil MDK project" but when i include the STemWin option I can still import the generated project but can't Build the project. It results in:

Is there an easy way to solve this problem?

unfortunatly the SeggerEval software is based on an older HAL library version, and I tried but cant migrate the STemWin to an existing CubeMX project.
    I will continue trying and let you know if when i succed.

best regards
    Jannis Dohm
  • Hello Jannis,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Unfortunately CubeMX currently does not support Embedded Studio with projects to run out-of-the-box.
    For now all source files that get linked form within third party IDEs need to be copied over manually into you project and dependencies be set.
    Troubleshooting steps for using our Keil/IAR importer can be found here: wiki.segger.com/How_to_port_pr…to_SEGGER_Embedded_Studio
    However we are currently working on an importer for CubeMX as well which is planned to be released soon.

To stay up to date with Embedded Studio releases we suggest subscribing to our update notification list: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=196

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Jannis,

Great choice. Happy to hear that you have a running setup now.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.