[ABANDONED] ozone: how to load debug symbol files without uploading to target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] ozone: how to load debug symbol files without uploading to target

How can I do this : I want to load symbols _only_ for debugging , without programming target / any code upload?

So in essence the target is running already with debug code on, I just want to attach to it, using a fix hard memory location. I can setup and break at the right place, but cannot figure out how to upload symbols only with Ozone..

(So what I want is what GDB does with symbol-file ... bla location )
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This can be done using function File.Load().
    Attached you will find an example project.
    The steps to achieve this are:

- In OnProjectLoad() you set the BP at a valid source location.
    - Then use Break.SetCommand to set a function that shall be executed when the BP is hit.
    - Create that function and call File.Load() with the elf file and the location where to download the application to.
    - Now start Ozone
    - Select Attach to running program
    - Now your application should halt at the BP and the debug symbols will be loaded.
    - J-Link will check if the application is equal to the application running in the MCU. If it is equal no download will be triggered.

Does that work for you?

EDIT: Thread was reopened on 30. August 2018 on OPs request.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.