[SOLVED] New Build Configuration no longer based on another configuration.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] New Build Configuration no longer based on another configuration.

When I click the plus button in the build configuration screen to create a new one, it does not allow me to select another configuration to base it off (as it says in the documentation). Additionally, when I create a new one, it is not based on the other configuration in the project. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The documentation says:

To create your own configurations, select Build > Build Configurationsto invoke the Configurations dialog. The New buttonwill produce a dialog allowing you to name your configuration. You can now specifythe existing configurations from which your new configuration will inherit values.
    A Public config e.g. Debug, Release can only inherit from Private configs like the default "Common" which you should see if you expand your build configuration.
    So first create a Private config that you want to inherit from and then select it for all Public configs you want to use it with.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

jmag999 wrote:

OK, so the reason I am not seeing the diaglog is that I only have 1 private config (Common)?
    Correct.
    We will see if we can improve documentation in that regard.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.