[SOLVED] J-Link Halts on Service Call

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Halts on Service Call

I am evaluating the J-Link for debugging a FreeRTOS application on Texas Instruments TM4C129 class microcontrollers (Cortex-M4F). I am testing on a Texas Instruments EK-TM4C1294XL evaluation kit.

When I attempt to debug the target within Code Composer Studio (TI's Eclipse-based IDE), the code runs to main and can be single-stepped on-demand, however upon calling vPortStartFirstTask, service handler 0 is called and execution is halted. Attempts to step past this instruction simply result in the debugger remaining paused at the same instruction.
    I am aware that semihosting also makes use of service calls and have disabled this feature since it is not needed in my target application. Despite this, I still cannot continue beyond startup of the FreeRTOS scheduler. I can debug the application without any problems if I connect to the target after it has been reset.

I found another post and a blog where the same problem was fixed by adding monitor reset 0 to the debugger startup options, but I do not see anywhere to set this option.

What am I missing?

The post was edited 2 times, last by BryceHillam ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    We are not quite sure how this issue is related to any of our products. J-Link will execute exactly what the IDE tells it to do.
    So if there is an issue it will most likely be due to the IDE or the RTOS.
    We suggest contacting TI and/or FreeRTOS support in that regard.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I initially considered posting this on TI's support forums however I felt I would get better support here, as debug probe operation is a very small part of their IDE. I'll update here if they are able to provide a solution.