[SOLVED] How to download and debug app written in IAR on STR912 so it runs in bank 0 on chip set to boot from bank 1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to download and debug app written in IAR on STR912 so it runs in bank 0 on chip set to boot from bank 1

Is it possible to download and debug an app that is expecting to be run in bank 0 on a chip that is set to boot from bank 1? I wonder if I am hoping for the impossible. I think it should be possible but I wonder if it is so weird that the switches aren't available.
    I have managed to download it but it seems that it has put it in bank 1 @ 0 rather than bank 0 @ 0 (looking in the debugger memory over 0x20000 appears as -- which normally implies no flash there. Even after the startup sequence setting the bank sizes, it is still --
    Not surprisingly, if I select the option to verify the download, it is both much slower and fails.
    I have specified the correct device (STR912FAW46) in the control panel incl the boot bank

Thanks in advance
  • Hello,

We received your request per e-mail as well.
    Please make sure that future inquiries come through one communication channel and not multiple to avoid delays in our response time to your requests.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.