[ABANDONED] Bug: Ozone Watched Data Window ignores mouse events in right-side 480 pixels

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Bug: Ozone Watched Data Window ignores mouse events in right-side 480 pixels

Hi, another bug report....

MacOS Ozone 2.56n, but this has been present for many many versions going back.

When clicking on the right side of the Watched Data window, Ozone ignores the clicks. All clicks are ignored whether in the column title or the body. Also, the cursor also does not change to the "Resize Column" cursor when hovering over a column border. The area where mouse events are ignored is exactly 480 pixels wide, starting from the right edge of the window. By re-sizing the window, the "no-mouse" zone can be made to cover all the columns, or just some of the columns. It does not matter if the window is docked or floating. I demonstrate this in the screen recording I posted below:

Here is a video of the bug:
    Segger Ozone Watch Window ignores mouse on right side

The bug took me a while to figure out, but once I measured the 480 pixels, it started to sound like some rendering error....

Also, it does not matter if I run in Retina mode or in Low-Resolution Mode. For all bugs I find, the first thing I do is switch to Low Resolution mode to see if that's the problem (because you state there are known issues with Retina mode). However, in this case it's always 480 pixels that we cannot access the window.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We were not able to reproduce the issue with a Macbook pro 2016 and the latest macOS installed.
    Which model and OS version were you using for testing?
    Does the behaviour only appear when the target is running, or is it also reproducible for you when no debug session is established?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I am using macOS 10.13.4 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015). The bug has been present for many macOS versions.

We tested on a Macbook Pro 2015, and the bug was not present, like you found.

On the iMac, the behavior happens at all times. There does not need to even be a programmer attached. Any time the Watched Data window is visible, it does not respond to any mouse events in the right 480px of the window. If I start Ozone and select "New > Project" it still happens.

The bug is not present on the Global Data, Local Data, or Data Graph windows or other table windows.

Also, I reverted back to Ozone 2.30a, and the bug is not present. The bug is present in Ozone 2.44e
    I don't have any more versions between 2.30 and 2.44 to test, but that narrows it down. I know that in those versions the use of the .jdebug.user file was added. So maybe it's related to this?

I notice that some system preferences are persistent between projects, like font choice. Where are these preferences stored? I can try deleting that file to reset it, in case somehow my Ozone preferences are corrupted. Is there a system-wide (or user) preferences file that I can reset for Ozone? I looked in /Library/Preferences/SEGGER and $HOME/.SEGGER but did not find preferences files I could delete.

thanks
    Dan
  • Hi Dan,

Thank you for sharing your additional findings.
    To make sure we are not hunting any ghosts here could you try uninstalling Ozone and reinstalling it again?
    How to do this correctly on macOS is described in the Ozone user guide in section "Uninstallation on macOS".
    Especially the part about removing application settings is important.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hmm, no that doesn't change anything.
    I removed the com.segger.* files in $HOME/Library/Preferences/ and then removed /Applications/SEGGER/Ozone, exactly as described in the User Guide.
    I then installed version 2.56r, and have the same behavior. I tried installing on a different disk (different /Applications/ directory) just to be sure, but it still gives me the same 480pixel blackout area.