[SOLVED] Embedded Studio crash on build

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Embedded Studio crash on build

I installed Embedded Studio 3.40 for Windows 10 64 bit using a license for Nordic nRF52 development work. I'm running on a desktop workstation with Windows 10 pro. I also installed the Nordic nRF CPU Support Package.

When I try to run a build for a Nordic SDK example program (such as ble_app_blinky_pca10040_s132.emProject in SDK 15.0.0), Embedded Studio crashes. No messages as to why.

Am I missing some configuration settings? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Max
  • Hello Max,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us. We just tested with a clean Nordic SDK 15.0.0 installation and the project you mentioned builds in debug and release configuration without any issues.
    Did you change any project settings in your Embedded Studio project?
    Could you attach the .emproject and .emsession file of the affected project?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for looking. I attached the files from my SDK install. I didn't try to alter anything. I may have opened the solution in the editor to look at it.

I noticed the build does place some files in the Output folder. It doesn't appear to have completed though.

Max
    Files
  • As I'm running on a multi-core (10) cpu, I looked at the tools options for build acceleration and parallel building threads. If I change the auto setting to 1 thread, the build works. I also tried 5 threads and 10 threads. Those work too .... and much faster.

So .... I think I'm OK for now and we can close this issue.
  • Hi,

Should the issue be reproducible in future feel free to contact us again.
    This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.