[SOLVED] Downgrade Jlink Firmware - avoid "nag dialog"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Downgrade Jlink Firmware - avoid "nag dialog"

Hi
    I need to downgrade my JLink-Ultra Firmware to the version of Jan, 30th.
    All other Firmwares since then do not work with my target CPU (TI TMS570LC43).
    Anyway, the old firmware works, but how can I avoid the "update firmware" dialog. It is quite anoying :(

Cheers
    42Bastian
  • keylevel wrote:

Do you need to add:

Source Code

1. exec SuppressInfoUpdateFW
    to your JLink script? More information in the JLink manual.
    Ok, I use IAR, so I tried to add a JlinkScript with
    JLINK_ExecCommand("SuppressInfoUpdateFW");

But which function should I use.
    I tried "ConfigTargetSettings", "TargetSetup" and "InitEmu": It is just ignored.
    I tried "InitTarget" and cannot connect to the target anymore.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally we do not recommend downgrading the FW. Our newest FWs should always stay backwards compatible. If you still run into issues we would appreciate if you could inform us about this issue so we can offer a fix.
    Could you explain what exactly is not working with the latest FW?

How are you adding the JLinkScript to IAR? Are you following the recommended steps? wiki.segger.com/Using_J-Link_Script_Files

42BS wrote:

But which function should I use.
    I tried "ConfigTargetSettings", "TargetSetup" and "InitEmu": It is just ignored.
    I tried "InitTarget" and cannot connect to the target anymore.
    InitEMU is correct, did you follow the recommendations in the J-Link user guide for that function?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I am currently working on another project, but as soon as I come back I will report in detail.

From my memories: With all FWs later January, I cannot continue debugging after the first halt.
    CPU is a TMS570LC43 on a custom board.
  • Hello,

We are not aware of such an issue.
    What kind of hardware are you using? Custom hardware or an eval board?
    Could you provide a step by step reproduction scenario for the effect?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi, finally I am back on the project.

It is a custom HW using a TMS570LC43. To be sure I am now using latest DLL (6.32g) with IAR 7.80.4.
    I can connect to the target, download etc. as normal.
    But after the first instruction executed, "go" is no longer working, but stepping works.
    Meanwhile, it seems to be IAR related, as with the Jlink commander I can halt and go as often I want.

InitEMU() seems not to be called, but SetupTarget() (I added a "Report"), so the script seems to be ok.
  • Hello,

To eliminate IAR out of the equation, does using Ozone work instead?
    segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/
    Ozone is our IDE independent cross-platform debug software that works with numerous output formats of popular toolchains.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Ok, it is IAR C-Spy which has a problem (only 7.80.4).

Anyway: There is a bug in Ozone which makes it un-usable: It does not accepte Windows minimize events, so it cannot be used with desktop-switchers like VirtuaWin.
    The Ozone windows just stay